Production tends to wind down this time of year, what with the holidays on the horizon and what-not. But we did manage to shoot a bit more footage for “Zombie Surfing” with Pat, AKA Skeeter the Cock-Probe, from “Cock-Knockers From Outer Space”.
– There was a wardrobe sale at Pinewood Toronto Studios. I checked it out mainly for an excuse to wander around on the studio lot, but it also gave me a chance to say hi to friend of 416-Film, Adam Smith, who was peddling his wares. You can check out his cool handy work at www.swordinthestone.ca
– We have a zombie shot film in the works and, no, it’s not called “It Came from Planet Earth.” That’s another zombie(ish) film we’re (sort of) working on. This one is tentatively named “Zombie Surfing.” Most of it has been shot and we hope to wrap it up next month. You can see a still from it on the Projects page.
– “Cock-Knockers From Outer Space!” and “A Keychain of Events” were both screen at the Barrie Film Festival. People seemed to be laughing at the right parts, so it’s good to know that it’s just not us that finds our stuff funny.
Here it is. The movie that Thor himself didn’t want you to see. It’s the result of our self imposed 36 hour film making challenge. Well, we did write and shoot it within 36 hours, but took our time with the post production. Rules are meant to be broken… yeah.
Anyway, the randomly produced elements we had to incorporate into the story were:
1) A rubber chicken invasion
2) A romance novel and sleeping bag
3) The line, “Let it rip!”
The first element is probably most responsible for just how stupid this movie is. Luck of the draw I suppose. So check it out. It’s called… ahem… “Cock-Knockers From Outer Space!” It’s in the Films section, HERE. Don’t forget to click on the HD option!.
Since Ed Video wasn’t hosting a 48 hour film challenge this year, some friends and I decided do a film challenge by ourselves.
24 hours into the project, a lightning strike took out the power to my neighborhood! We waited around for a while, but we had no idea when the power would come back on. So we packed it in and scheduled the completion of the challenge for two weeks later.
Someone obviously doesn’t want you to see this work of genius , but we will prevail and post it next month. We shall overcome!