Okay. I promise this is the last time I’ll talk about Pulp Muppets. It’s broken one million hits on YouTube alone. If only all of our films were this popular! If this is the first you’ve heard of Pulp Muppets, then get with the rest of the world and check it out HERE. And if you’re wondering how it was made, check out the making of HERE. So that’s it! Pulp Muppets will always be here, but this is the last time I’ll mention it. …Unless something else really cool happens with it.
Rob and I have given CNN an interview for Pulp Muppets. It was aired July 21 & 22 at 12:30pm and 5:30pm EST in a segment called “News To Me”. We tried to get Wolf Blitzer to host it, but he was very rude to us and asked us to stop calling him at home. Good news is we managed to get a special guest host and co-CNN anchor Brian Todd agreed to make a “walk on” cameo. Check it out HERE.
I thought May would be the end of Pulp Muppets, but it just seems to keep coming back for more. There was a spike in traffic after a link appeared on the front page of IMDB.
Well, May was certainly the month of the Pulp Muppets. It’s hard to say exactly how many people watched it last month, but I think 500,000 is a fair estimate.
Most loved it. Some hated it. But those were obviously some very bitter, bitter people. Let’s have a moment of pity for them… (Sighs, with an understanding look on face.)
There were a few cameos that people caught, such as some Fraggles, Guy Smiley and Alf. But no one mentioned Rizzo the Rat or poor ol’ Snuffleupagus. I guess people still can’t see him.
Looks like May is going to be the month of the Muppets… Pulp Muppets that is!
– I always thought Pulp Muppets was one of those quirky little movies that could go viral, but after 6 months of very modest traffic on YouTube, I was losing hope. Suddenly, in just this past week it has exploded all over the Internet. Just Google it and you’ll see. So long as the series of tubes that the Internet is constructed from can hold out, we can expect Pulp Muppets to pop up in all sorts of places. For the remainder of this month I’m going to post any Pulp Muppet sightings of note…
– I can’t be sure, but I think what started it all was a list of the top 10 Pulp Fiction Parodies on YouTube posted on 10 Zen Monkeys, April 26. I don’t know if the list is in any particular order, but thanks for putting us at #1, guys.
– Film Threat put this flattering item on their front page:
– Pulp Muppets will be mentioned in an upcoming issue of Rockstar magazine.
– This one blows my mind. I don’t even know what it is, ’cause I don’t speak German. But some hot chick does a web-news piece on Pulp Muppets. If anyone can translate this for me, I’d love to know what she’s saying. All I can make out is, “Muppets” and “mit Kermit und Fozzie Bear.”
– I now have a translation of the above German web-news piece. The previous news piece had something to do with aggressive children, so they used our gun toting images of the Muppets to make this joke…
Big thanks to Rolf Brandt for the translation.
– eBaums World has kidnapped Pulp Muppets and is generating more hits than YouTube.
– The chicks seem to really dig Pulp Muppets. Maria Sansone of Yahoo TV did a news bite raving about the casting.
After incubating on YouTube for 5 months, “The Pulp Muppets Take The Internet.” The last three days alone have seen a sudden increase of 8,000 hits, and we can only assume it’s just starting to gain speed. Watch out Star Wars Kid and Numa Numa Guy, for Pulp Muppets will strike thee down with great vengeance and FURIOUS anger!!